Licensing Sales Manager
The licensing manager plays a critical role coaching and developing a team of sales professionals whose key accountabilities are to:
1. Provide volume licensing expertise within the sub / district / region. This includes mastering Program and Product Licensing scenarios focused principally on EA, EAS (EA Subscription) and Select Plus offerings.
2. Perform a Sales role, including
a) Contributing to the overall account plan by developing appropriate licensing strategies to further grow revenue and annuity penetration,
b) Developing and selling licensing solutions by driving customer licensing proposals and
c) Negotiating with customers to maximize contract value and Customer Satisfaction, while simplifying the licensing experience for the customer and driving for “right licensing”.
3. Manage external and internal relationships, including
a) Customers (procurement customer engagement, aligning Microsoft’s total value proposition to procurement levers)
b) Field (Field enablement - link licensing solutions with subsidiary targets)
c) Partners (Partner Enablement - in conjunction with PAM role: driving LAR self-sufficiency)
Being a senior leader and knowing the scope of work of the Licensing Team as described above, the Licensing Manager will:
1. Coach the Licensing Team around account planning guidance to maximize volume licensing revenue, negotiation strategies and deal escalation strategies and tactics.
2. Develop the Licensing Team to further enhance their program and product licensing skills and sales and relationship management competences
3. Minimize discounts on deals and help partners and sales teams to close complex Enterprise Agreements and Select Plus deals.
Key challenges issues for the next 6 months to 3 years:
1. Contributing to EPG growth objectives and initiatives by maximizing revenue in each EA opportunity (e.g., developing alternative solutions to discounting and / or advising on how to use discount empowerment).
2. Leading the customer negotiations with the respective decision makers within the account and owning all the negotiation phases on behalf of Microsoft, while understanding and applying the Field Empowerment Guidelines in order to be able to close “good business” with maximum profitability and efficiently.
3. Driving an increase in customer satisfaction levels with Microsoft licensing and the process of acquiring licenses.
4. Understanding and complying with the challenges of Sarbanes-Oxley as they relate to how customers acquire software licenses and mitigating the risks to both customers and Microsoft.
5-8 years strong licensing experience required
10+ years sales experience required
English (written and verbal) required, Arabic is a plus
Strong negotiation skills required
Must have strong communication skills
Regional or multi area experience preferred
Prior management background preferred
Key Competencies Required for Role:
Cross Group Collaboration
Impact & Influence