- Prompt tracing and rectification of faults and maintenance of overhead distribution lines to ensure minimal obstruction to free flow of power supply to the end users.
- To construct, maintain and repair overhead line system of 33kV, 11kV & 0.415kV on steel tubular, concrete, lattice girder or wooden pole supports.
- Set out pole/line support positions in accordance with predetermined routes and plan profile drawings.
- Prepare and complete foundation for pole/line supports and stays
- Erect pole/overhead line support.
- Maintain and service overhead line system of 33kV, 11kV and 0.415kV.
- Climb pole/line supports using ladders, safety belt or other aids.
- Use safety equipment protective devices and work in compliance with requirements of safety code of practice and laid down safety procedures.
- Install Line Isolator, D-Fuse, Lightning Arrester and other related line equipment.
- Assists in the setting of poles during installation or replacement of bad ones, digging of holes for poles and guys.
- Technical Certificate in Electrical Installations & Maintenance or its equivalents (i.e. NABTEB, London City & Guilds, Diploma Certificates) or Ordinary level certificate
- 0-5 years experience, Technical Certificate in Electrical Installations & Maintenance or its equivalents (i.e. NABTEB, London City & Guilds) Requires journeyman level experience installing and maintaining overhead/underground power lines, requires valid driver's license, First aid certification, Competency in CPR and pole top rescue, Other combinations of education/experience may be considered.
- Enjoys practical, field work
- Ability to work comfortably at high altitude on poles
- Possess good hand-eye coordination
- Safety conscious and Operational Risk Assessment Ability