Join Santander and you’ll become a vital part of a business built on the outstanding service provided to our customers, as well as the award-winning products we offer. We’re one of the fastest growing banks in the UK and that is down to our people. And we recognise that as we help you develop your career you’ll be doing the same for our business.
The team is responsible for Liquidity and Capital Management liquidity optimization, ILAA, Liquidity Risk Appetite, FTP management, Recovery & Resolution Plan, Capital strategy for SanUK, Capital Optimisation, overseeing all needs from Capital Side, Drafting targets in terms of capital, Managing metrics on the balance sheet
The Santander Group has more than 150 years’ experience in global banking and more branches worldwide than any other international bank. We are well on the way to repeating this success in the UK, having been recognised as one the “Top Employers in the UK” in 2012 by the Corporate Research Foundation (CRF) Institute.
As Liquidity and Capital Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
• Internal Stress Testing and Liquidity Risk Appetite
• Supporting the San UK Recovery Plan
• Supporting the Funds transfer pricing (FTP) processes
• Work closely with the businesses to understand the liquidity drivers of their business. Ensure that these liquidity drivers are reflected in FTP , the recovery planning process etc
• Supporting ILAA process
• Supporting the liquidity aspects of projects and new initiatives
• Supporting liquidity management, helping to identify levers of efficiency, proposing ideas and helping to materialise them
• Supporting ad hoc liquidity related analysis to review specific liquidity risks and opportunities and develop the appropriate infrastructure to support this analysis
• Supporting the capital management
As Liquidity and Capital Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Understanding of how the regulatory environment may impact future and existing transactions and Santander UKs regulatory requirements
• PRA, CRD, ICB, EBA deep knowledge
• Risk Management and Control
• Results Orientation - Service and solutions delivery
• Sufficient Capital knowledge
• Communicating and Influencing
• Analytical skills, Information and Data Management
• Project Management & Process Improvement.
• Business & Commercial Capability
• Innovation and Managing Change
• Client & Customer Orientation.