Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The litigation secretaries will contribute to the smooth and efficient conduct of litigation and outside counsel including coordinating and directing case strategy, discovery, drafting/editing pleadings and interviewing and preparing witnesses and negotiations.
(1) Drafting applications to the Courts and having conduct of the case through to judgment being obtained.
(2) Clarifying with client officers any difficult areas and dealing with and responding to any defenses and/or counter claims lodged.
(3) Drafting summonses, complaints and indictments in connection with prosecutions by the 4ouncil
(4) Attending the Court and other Tribunals and advocating on behalf of the Council in litigation actions.
(5) Providing litigation support to the solicitors in the Litigation Team, including without limitation, preparing witness statements, dealing with discovery and attending court with Counsel.
(6) Deal with enquiries from solicitors and other external agencies and advice the client of the next step accordingly.
(7) Attending possession action hearings, negotiating with representatives and preparing and advising of witnesses prior to hearings.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidate must be a graduate of Law with minimum of 1 – 5 years at the Bar
- Active litigation Arbitration experience
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to write, and speak English fluently
- The ideal candidate must be organized and pay attention to detail. Small errors or omissions can lose or derail a case.
- Excellent writing skills with little or no review needed.
- The candidate needs to be able to work with a variety of people and have coping skills to handle difficult personalities, ranging from co-workers to clients.
- The litigation applicant must have knowledge of the court systems and how they work.
- Experience working in drafting motions, briefs and preparing for trials is necessary.
Salary is between N120, 000 – N150, 000/ m (Depending on experience)
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2014.
Method of Application:
Job Location: Lekki, and Lagos mainland (prospective candidates MUST reside within this location)
Qualified candidates should please forward CVs to: email@example.com. Stating the code of the application as: H/ADM/LS/14.