SABMiller Procurement sources an extensive range of materials and services. This includes brewing materials, packaging, capital equipment, marketing materials and business services
The Local Category Manager provides support for the development of category practices for local categories, including support in relation to sourcing strategy definition, deployment, and stakeholder management. The Local Category Manager supports the implementation of Global strategies in the country, to maximise total cost of ownership savings and procurement value contribution. Under the guidance of Regional and Global Category Managers/Directors, he/she supports the implementation of Global Category strategies by supporting strategic sourcing initiatives and procurement optimisation projects.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Execute the procurement strategy process and implementation / sourcing execution for a set of local categories in a Cross Functional Team setting
- Executes Local/Regional/Global categories in the country, leads contract implementation & drives contract compliance
- Manage supplier relationships for local categories
- Manage internal customer relationships for local categories
- Execute large Spot Buys
- Academic background: Appropriate University/bachelor degree qualification is essential. A recognised qualification in procurement would be considered an asset.
- Experience:Extensive knowledge of sourcing, contract negotiation, tendering, spend under management, with substantial professional experience (2 - 4 years) in the same functional domain or other related positions.
- Language skills: Proficiency in English is mandatory
- Personal: Ambitious and self-driven with the ability to work proactively and autonomously in a complex and challenging environment. Both the role and SABMiller would suit someone looking for the potential to further develop a career in procurement.
- Other Competencies: Drive for results, work within a team and challenging & influencing
- Salary: Competitive, in country salary package.