ROLE PURPOSE: To plan and manage the delivery of project activities for a new DFID funded cash transfer programme at LGA level including targeting and enrolment of beneficiaries via community based structures, supporting the monitoring of beneficiary accountability mechanisms, post distribution monitoring and case management, nutrition behaviour change communications, advocacy and act as focal point for partnership with LGA authorities.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Objective 1: To plan and manage delivery of project activities at LGA level.
Objective 2: Facilitate community mobilisation activities to support targeting and enrolment of beneficiaries and improved nutritional knowledge, attitudes and practices.
Objective 3: Support the development, implementation and follow-up of beneficiary accountability mechanisms.
Objective 4: Ensure timely reporting, adherence to programme strategy and coordination within programme and with authorities at the LGA level.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least a B.A. in programme management, health and nutrition, or related social science
- Previous experience with local and international NGOs
- Strong programme management background, including HR management
- Significant experience in planning, managing and delivering a programme, including costing, managing and monitoring budgets
- Effective resource planning
- Computer literate
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable workplans and evaluate progress
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other organizations’ staff
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) in English and Hausa
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute
- Commitment to Save the Children mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety)
- Experience working on food security and livelihoods and nutrition programmes.