The challenge of the Logistician Assistant is to carry out the necessary performance in support of the project activities aiming the improvement of the living conditions of IDPs and host communities currently living in 3 LGA of Yobe State.
- Supports the Logistics Coordinator in planning and management of all logistics activities of COOPI’s mission in Nigeria;
- Ensure that proper logistics documents are raised in the capital base and the field.Support the good management of field bases, establishment of new ones and closure of existing ones.
- Liaise as necessary with the landlord(s) to ensure proper maintenance and optimum availability of facilities and utilities (e.g. electricity, water, phone-lines, physical security and building repairs).
- Materials and equipments purchasing (including construction supplies, food items, kits for children (mixture of items, NFI kits, etc) in compliance with COOPI’s and the Donors internal procedures, including record in database;
- Store management including stock book and stock accounting, including record in database;
- Management and maintenance of IT and Communications (laptops, printers, telephone and other means related to Information and Communication Technology), as a delegated responsibility of the Logistics Coordinator ;
- Management and maintenance of the infrastructures, especially the house and office in Yobe, the project’s stores and offices, including the related furniture and equipments, in the 3 Local Government Areas (LGA) of Yobe State;
- Projects’ materials and equipments inventory running and update, including record in database;
- Management and maintenance of the power generators;
- Management of fuel stock and consumption control of power generators ;
- Logistics data files record and keeping ;
- Supports project staff to carry out distribution of NFI kits and Food items ;
- Monitors and reports on security issues and ensures all logistical aspects of security management in Yobe and in the 3 Local Government Areas (LGA) (related to communication systems, vehicles, etc) are in place;
- Monitors whether the security policy is adhered to by all staff and reports to the Logistics Coordinator accordingly;
- Supports the Logistics Coordinator in the development and regular updates of the country security plan and supports the LC with the implementation of adjustments by relevant parties and adherence by all staff ;
- Reports to the Logistics Coordinator on the logistics issues within his/her department ;
- Implements all other tasks assigned by the LC or Line Manager.