Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
- The Logistics Manager will be required to handle technical details relating to possibly international transportation, such as customs regulations and any necessary documentation.
- You will be required to efficiently evaluate the costs of transportation, services and inventory within any budget or distribution strategy.
- The Logistics Manager must have a knowledge of national and international import/export legislation and must be able to effectively troubleshoot any issues that may arise in international freight transportation.
- You must also build relationships with Logistics mediators and work closely with package engineers to ensure the protection of freight in transportation.
- For a Logistics Manager, documentation and organisation is important – any changes to operating procedures, prioritisation or any problems must be documented and communicated accurately.
Their key task is to organise the safe and efficient storage and distribution of goods, and to ensure that orders are satisfied correctly.
Other responsibilities include:
- organising shipments
- coordinating drivers, vehicles, loads and journeys
- operating IT systems
- negotiating and agreeing contracts
- developing and confirming schedules
- planning for and negotiating technical difficulties
- preparing paperwork for regulatory bodies
- liaising and managing staff
- implementing health and safety standards
- You must be educated and may also be required to hold any relevant qualifications and systems training associated with Logistics Management, as well as experience in the Logistics sector.
- Depending upon the role being offered, fluency in a foreign language may be required, as well as an awareness of different cultures and a diplomatic approach to any associated conflicts.
- A Logistics Manager must have effective communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks all with an attention to fine detail.
- Negotiation skills are important to success as a Logistics Manager since national and international communication is a pivotal part of the job.
- You must be numeric and be able to demonstrate an understanding of basic accountancy to successfully fulfill the role of Logistic Manager.
- You will be able to use the Microsoft Office Suite.
Requirements: Interested candidates must have a minimum of HND in or any related field, professional qualification will be an added advantage.