Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Logistics managers or distribution managers are responsible for coordinating the storage, transportation and delivery of goods.
Their key task is to organise the safe and efficient storage and distribution of goods, and to ensure that orders are satisfied correctly.
Other responsibilities include:
- organising shipments
- coordinating drivers, vehicles, loads and journeys
- operating IT systems
- negotiating and agreeing contracts
- developing and confirming schedules
- planning for and negotiating technical difficulties
- preparing paperwork for regulatory bodies
- liaising and managing staff
- implementing health and safety standards
Requirements: Interested candidates must have a minimum of HND in or any related field, professional qualification will be an added advantage.