Location BIU Office (Southern part of Borno)
- Provides support in the areas of Supply Chain, Purchasing, Transport, Warehousing, Stock management and
- Fleet to the Biu Office
- Handles logistical files independently
- Ensures Logistics files are organized and in order with the concerned staff within the department
- Negotiates contractual matters with external interlocutors
- Ensures that all Requisition Order (RO) and Purchase Order (PO) have proper accounting information and
- necessary authorizations
- Ensures that RFQ are appropriate to the client needs, clear and accurate and that the suppliers included in
- the tender represent a fair and valid sample of the market
- Coordinates with Logistics in the Country and the suppliers to ensures smooth planning of deliveries,
- offloading of commodities as well as careful inspection of supplier deliveries in terms of quality and quantity in
- line with the Purchase Order
- University degree in administration or a relevant field
- 2 years work experience in a similar field
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word and Excel), including ICRC standard computer systems
- Confirmed capacity to implement general ICRC procedures
- Capacity to deal with people, to lead and to develop contact
- Good knowledge of ICRC rules and procedures
- Is rigorous, analytical, methodical and accurate
- Displays high organizational skills
- Is able to cope with stressful situations
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability
- Flexibility, availability to work overtime when needed
- Willingness to learn
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
It is not a single organization. It is composed of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the 189 individual National Societies. Each has its own legal identity and role, but they are all united by seven Fundamental Principles.
These principles are humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. Each component of the Movement is committed to respect and uphold them.
The ICRC’s exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. It directs and coordinates the Movement’s international relief activities during armed conflicts. Established in 1863, it is at the origin of the Movement.
The Federation inspires, facilitates and promotes all humanitarian activities carried out by its member National Societies on behalf of the most vulnerable people. It directs and coordinates its members’ actions to assist the victims of natural and technological disasters, refugees and those affected by health emergencies. It was founded in 1919.