- Co-ordinate logistics support for programmes, including requisitioning, receiving, storing, transportation, customs clearance, issuing and processing payment for services in accordance with MSN policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for identifying and promoting compliance with good transport and logistics practice by proactively identifying broader issues regarding logistical weakness/non-compliance to policies and guidelines for the assigned country programmes.
- Develop logistics procedures in cooperation with internal and external stakeholders within institutional donors’ rules and guidelines; disseminating these to enhance the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the supply chain within the programmes.
- Facilitate the supply chain for the organisation from procurement of goods into stock or direct to programmes including setting up transportation framework agreements after appropriate tendering processes and arranging freight forwarding or transport; ensuring that goods/services procured are delivered to end-user in a timely and cost effective manner within donor regulations.
- Advise field logistics teams on logistics procedures to ensure compliance with MSN policies, donor regulations and follow-up issues of non-compliance.
- Monitor and enhance procedures in operational programmes through field visits, giving advice and training, ensuring that programme staff follows donor rules, guidelines and good practice
- Coordinate with International Programmes and Field Office staff to ensure asset management and disposal procedures are followed in accordance with MSN policy as well as donor requirement.
- Responsible for the provision of the transportation support within a large or complex mission.
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of MSN fleet at different locations.
- Develop and support the laid down regulation in accordance with the policies and directives on the acquisition, receipt, distribution, maintenance, utilisation and disposal of the MSN fleet.
- Ensure that the relevant accounting and audit requirements are upheld and the budgetary performance of the unit managed appropriately.
- Ensure adequate records for vehicle usage, fuelling, maintenance, insurance, incidence and other relevant documents are managed in accordance with internal and external standards (government regulations, environmental, health and security standards)
- Develop and maintain active road accident prevention programmes.
- Develop an effective and efficient plan for car hire including examining the costs and benefits of outsourcing transport functions and the feasibility in operational terms of executing the required assignment under consideration.
- Planning and overseeing building work/renovation
- Ensuring appropriate lease agreement management of all MSION facilities
- Guided by the DHRA’s advice, allocate and manage space within buildings housing MSION’s offices
- Manage building maintenance activities (Electrical, Mechanical, Structural and others)
- Coordinate cleaning and parking services within MSION facilities.
- Ensure that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Advise on energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Supervise multi-disciplinary teams of staff including maintenance, grounds and custodial workers
- Educated to Degree level with equivalent experience - essential
- Fluent written and spoken English - essential
- Relevant professional qualification i.e. CIPS - desirable.
- Experience of external representation i.e. NGO/Donor coordination meetings - desirable
- Knowledge of donor requirements and related compliance regulations (DFID, EU, USAID, KFW) - desirable
- Supply Chain Management and/or logistics/operational experience - essential
- Have a detailed knowledge of logistics processes, tools and techniques – essential
- Experience in working in a developing country environment in an operational, logistics or procurement position - desirable
- Resourceful, imaginative team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain good long distance relations both with colleagues in the field and with external suppliers
- A flexible working attitude, proven ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to prioritise effectively
- Proven negotiation skills
- Proven analytical skills and financial acumen i.e. management of budgets, tenders
- Proven ability to “sell” ideas and concepts to key stakeholders
- Process mapping skills
Attitude / Motivation:
- To have excellent initiative and the aptitude to work independently as required
- Strong commitment to the goal and vision of Marie Stopes International Organization.