Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Logistics and distribution managers organize the storage and distribution of goods. In this role you would ensure the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. You may be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods. Understanding the whole supply chain is important so you can coordinate it effectively and liaise with suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
- Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs;
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle;
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements;
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs;
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers;
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analyzing logistical problems and producing new solutions;
- Understand, work with and possibly help to develop e-commerce;
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressure
- Manage staff training issues;
- Motivate other members of the team.
- Project management and set objectives;
- Work on new supply plans and strategies;
Applicants should have minimum of HND. BSc and above in any related field will be added advantage with working experience. If you feel you have the right skills for this position please apply now.
SALARY: Minimum of #420,000 per month.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Applicants should forward their CVs to HR through this email below: firstname.lastname@example.org or send your Name, Location, Contact, Qualification and Position Applying for and you will be invited for interview.
Note: this job is only for Lagos residents.