The Logistics Leader is responsible for the management of warehousing, consolidation and transportation. This includes initiating improvements in logistics operation, and facilitates a strategic outlook that will better serve all stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for On Time Shipment (Inbound & Outbound) / SCOT for transportation
- Overcome road blocks to ensure shipment is made in line with internal and external customers requirements
- Drive warehousing optimization/Lean projects
- Establish and maintain focus on safety, driving 0 Lost Time Accident initiative
- Establish and maintain ISO/GAC approved procedures for all operations
- Develop, coach and lead consolidation team, setting measurable goals and objectives to evaluate success
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
4. Knowledge and understanding of International Trade Compliance, identify, report and resolve any trade compliance issues.
5. Knowledge of operating within security programs such as CTPAT and AEO to ensure that warehousing, packaging and transportation requirements are met.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of work experience in logistics, material management, warehousing, or supply chain management
2. 3 yeas of experience working in logistics, materials management, warehousing and distribution, or supply chain management.
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office, i.e. Excel, Power Point, and Word
4. Good Knowledge of ERP/ WMS/ TMS
5. A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
6. Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Materials or Supply Chain Management.
2. Minimum of 7 years of operational logistics, warehousing and distribution, or supply chain management.
3. Lean Expertise, including Lean Six Sigma process methodology.
4. Solid communication and analytical skills, including experience with communicating with others from different counties and cultures.
5. Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within the organization.
6. Proven ability to execute, multi-task, and deliver on commitments.
7. Experience working in a compliant supply chain.
Job Segments: Logistics, Quality Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Supply, ERP, Operations, Quality, Technology.