Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
- Directing all transportation activities.
- Developing transportation relationships.
- Monitoring transport costs.
- Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
- Dealing with the effects of congestion.
- Confronting climate change issues by implementing transport strategies and monitoring an organisation’s carbon footprint.
Skills and qualities
- Ability to appraise and use IT packages and electronic communication methods.
- Tact, diplomacy and calmness, especially when dealing with tired drivers and disgruntled customers.
- An analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
- Excellent geographical knowledge.
- Good people management and coordination skills.
- Excellent financial acumen.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls.
Work activities Logistics:
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
Open to non-graduates and graduates of any discipline.
Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport you need to have a specific combination of qualifications and experience.Other relevant degree subjects
- Information technology
- Social science
Gain relevant industry knowledge; positions are rarely granted to those without this.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All interested Applicant should forward their CV to the HR via email iconsbuilderconcept(at)gmail.(com) or forward your detail to number below
This advert is for Lagos residency only.