Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
We require a Logistics and distribution manager that will organize the storage and distribution of goods. In this role you will ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. You may also be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
Understanding the whole supply chain is important so that you can coordinate it effectively and liaise with suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
- use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs;
- use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle;
- use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements;
- allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs;
- manage staff;
- liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers;
- develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions;
- understand, work with and possibly help to develop e-commerce;
- continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures.
Applicants will need to have:
a logical and systematic approach to work;
good time management ability;
the ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions;
commercial awareness and numeracy skills;
some degree of IT literacy and the ability to handle electronic data;
the ability to manage change;
strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as manage people;
excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
MODE OF APPLICATION: All qualified and interested applicants should forward a comprehensive resume/CV to the comment box provided or to the email address: voodakgroups @ gmail.com for urgent recruitment and must be willing to resume duty immediately. (Only Lagos Residents To Apply).