- To be the lead for all logistics planning, contracting and execution requirements to support our clients deep-water drilling campaign.
- To prepare and deliver the Logistics Strategy and detailed execution & contracting plans for the drilling campaign.
- Provide expert logistics management for all aspects of the Operation.
- Direct the Materials, Aviation and Marine Teams in their day to day work to ensure the most efficient use of vessels and aircraft to enable timely delivery of personnel, equipment and consumables for the overall benefit and efficiency of the operation. At all costs avoid the drilling rig waiting on equipment or personnel.
- Work with Business Delivery Team Management and internal customers to review and plan Logistics requirements for operations
- Oversee the work of the Freight Forwarding contractor
- Manage Supplier Performance and Relationship Management for major Logistics Providers associated with the project.
- Ensure Logistics & Customs and permit requirements are understood and adhered to for both the country of export and the country of import and hence avoid all fines and avoidable costs.
- Ensure adherence to our clients logistics policies and procedures and legislation in the countries where the operations will take place
- Oversee the Inbound Materials and Equipment movements in line with operational and project requirements
- Oversee the transportation of personnel and aviation operations
- Oversee Marine operations
- Manage performance reporting across all aspects of Logistics, including budget, service levels and compliance
- Oversee any Logistics incident management
- Engage with Government of Guinea Agencies to ensure undisrupted and efficient operations. These are likely to include amongst others the Navy, Customs and airport agency.
- Ensure that materials are stored and maintained so as to avoid degradation through corrosion and that accurate up to date materials inventories are maintained at all times in SAP.