Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
• Manage all aspects of the procurement process, from generating the purchase order to arranging delivery of the items ordered either through direct buy or system buy depending on priority.
• Responsible for creating, confirming, transmitting and updating purchase orders.
• Track and report trends/changes in Po processing and make appropriate recommendations to business
• Responsible for buying from Acklands-Grainger’s Approved and Non Approved Vendors in accordance with AGI’s purchasing guidelines.
• Coordinate purchase order discrepancy resolution for vendor direct shipments.
• Liaises with other departments, branches and vendors to resolve problems, facilitate solutions and enhance service offerings.
• Provides back-up support within the department to achieve the performance of job duties, as required.
• Supports/participates in the organization’s Continuous Improvement initiatives.
• Adheres to all corporate policies and guidelines and recommends to management changes to reflect circumstances within the service area.
• Maintain purchasing database to enable accurate purchase information for special items.
• Manage daily reports.
• Queued Phone system.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in a fast paced customer service environment, preferably within a call centre or administrative role or combination of relevant education and work experience.
• Strong learning agility and demonstrated technical skills, including previous experience with Microsoft Applications, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize work is essential.
• Proven skills in multi-tasking, problem-solving and decision making within a high volume, fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively in a team setting.
• Knowledge of queued phone system (Call Centre) is an asset.
• Previous experience in a call center environment is an asset