The M&E Officer will be responsible for providing oversight for project results, ensuring the collection of reliable data to support Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities. This position reports to the Project Manager and works closely with the Programme Officers Agro-forestry, Fuel Wood stoves and other members of the project team. It will also coordinate with the M&E team of Oxfam in Nigeria and ICEED.
· Ensure the conduct of baseline to derive needed credible data for the tracking of results
· Set up and maintain project MIS database
· Develop a monitoring protocol that both CBOs and entrepreneurs can use for project reporting.
· Set up community based monitoring and planning platforms for Agro-forestry system adoption, bye-law application, and FWR stoves, and build capacity of groups/artisans in record keeping and reporting
· Stage exchange visits for farmer-to-farmer learning with successful fuel wood stoves projects
- Ensure learning and dissemination by documenting Agro-forestry systems and FWR stoves models in 7 publications in which their effectiveness and the lessons learned are analysed, and are disseminated to over 100 subject-matter specialist and inform decision and policy makers
- Facilitate dissemination of information and results to all 12 northern Katsina LGAs which motivates them to stage action for more trees in the landscape
· Monitor the quantitative and qualitative performance of the Agro-forestry and Fuel Woodstoves components of the project. Ensure quarterly monitoring reports on progress are submitted in line with EU reporting requirements.
· Ensure mid and end term evaluation reports effectively document the activities in the project and track towards envisaged results
· Develop ToRs, Capacity Development plans, Implementation routines, M&E routines, in order to support activities of implementing partners
· Undertake surveys as needed for continuous tracking of results and learning
· Organise 9 peer-to-peer exchange learning visits / communication for all levels of activities to Niger
· Any other tasks as assigned within the Programme team