The INGO Forum consists of 13 INGOs implementing humanitarian and development funding in NE Nigeria. The INGO Forum is currently seeking an Advocacy Officer to support the INGO Forum Coordinator in his or her efforts to offer strengthened coordination within the humanitarian community implementing in Nigeria. The Advocacy Officer will report to the INGO Forum Coordinator.
• Provide support in the collection, compilation, analysis and reporting of CMAM, IYCF and MNCHWs data at State level
• To build capacity of health staff at State, LGA level and health facility level and to track progress on capacity building activities
• Coordination and support to the government health offices both at the state and LGA level.
• Support Accountability, communications and training
Bachelor of Science in public health, statistics or demography with previous experience working in nutrition or health project.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Commitment to and understanding of ACF aims, values and principles.
• Experience of data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing.
• Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, Sphere standard, SPSS, SMART.
• Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Strong organisational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure
• Strong interpersonal and community norms understanding.
• Highly motivated, and flexible.
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English and local language.