· Understand and comply with company policies and objectives.
· Assist the director of operations and technical support and other technical team members as and where required within his/her area of expertise.
· Ensure all assets within the region are maintained and operated safely, efficiently, and economically within company procedures and objectives, as well as within all relevant rules and regulations applicable to the asset and its geographical location of operation.
· Communicate with other regions within the company as and where required.
· Follow-up with vendor and manufacturer issues as and where required in order to achieve maximum results on Seadrill set goals and objectives.
· Visit assets and local offices within the region on a regular basis as per Seadrill corporate management directives to audit and monitor operating conditions and compliance with all relevant rules, regulations, and requirements.
· Perform and report inspections on critical equipment related to machinery and hull systems where required.
· Support local technical staff and rig management with class and statutory related issues as well as issues concerning machinery and hull items where required.
· Support local staff and rig management with incident investigations where required.
· Monitor compliance of all assets assigned to the region with respect to classification society and statutory rules and regulations.
· Maintain and update all relevant documentation as per Seadrill requirements.
· Comply with the regional training matrix for onshore technical support group.
· Maintain all relevant documentation and certification, including relevant medicals, to allow for unrestricted travelling to all offices and offshore assets within the region.
· Shall have a minimum of 10 years experience in offshore drilling industry in technical / maintenance functions with a minimum of 4 years in a senior supervisory position.
· Shall be fully familiar with classification society and statutory practices and programs.
· Shall preferably be in the possession of a deep-sea chief engineer class I license.
· Should have practical knowledge on budgeting and financial issues related to his/her field of expertise
· Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing
Proactive and safe work attitude
Good communication skills
Commercial awareness and business understanding