The machinist will be required to carry out machining of Company equipment to a high standard adhering to all EHS policies in a timely manner.
- Read and understands engineering drawings & specifications.
- Ensure the set up and operating of equipment, tooling and fixtures is appropriate.
- Responsible for moving, loading/unloading, transporting, storing, stacking, recording, materials, tooling, fixtures, consumables as required.
- Inspecting incoming materials, tooling, consumables to ensure complying to GE standards.
- Adhere to Company Safety and Environmental policies.
- Time served with HNC/C&G or NVQ level 3 (or equivalent).
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Post years apprenticeship.
- Logical, rational thinker with the ability to analyse problems and solve.
- Experience working with the Giddings & Lewis 800/8000 controls would be an advantage.
- Experience working with Manual Lathe & Drilling machines would be an advantage.
- Ability to work within a team.