- The Maintenance Engineer, reporting to the Field Services Manager, or his appointed designate, is chartered with maintaining the fleet of GE Oil & Gas products, based in the GE facility in Port Harcourt and also on customer locations.
- The role will encompass a wide range of Open and Cased Hole Wireline tools and products, with a strong focus on the Mechanical Interventions Product Line.
- Maintaining a fleet of wireline tools to ensure that they are available for service
- Executing a robust PM schedule to ensure the tools are maintained to set standards, with full traceability
- Providing onsite support, and occasional customer training of products and resources to both our external and internal customers, based mainly in Nigeria.
- Assisting the Training Manager and Field Services Manager in the delivery and support of customer training, materials, and training courses involving the OH/CH Wireline product line
- Assisting in providing customer technical and operational feedback with close interaction with technical services arising from customer interaction and support.
- Support and promotion of the best practices involved in the processes and requirements of GE’s policies and procedures, especially in regard to the guidelines in Environment, Health and safety (EHS) and GE’s core values.
- Minimum 5 years experience of maintaining and repairing Open and Cased Hole Logging Tools including Sondex Wireline products
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college or equivalent Industrial Experience
- Capability to interpret technical information in order to assemble, operate and maintain complex mechanical systems
- Able to travel to customer operational bases and well site locations at short notice, work under pressure and willingness to work in varying conditions.
- Team worker ability to work in team to achieve shared goals.
- Results focused ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Software Skills: Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office range of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Full valid Driving License
- Ability to work and travel in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Remote Operations experience; proficient in troubleshooting and resolving problems, and feeding back potential solutions.
- Experience of maintaining/servicing wireline tools within a lab environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with clear thinking, process orientated, tenacious individual.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria.