- No. 2016-027 Date: March 21, 2016
- Ref: A52603
- Subject: MAINTENANCE FOREMAN
- Location: LAGOS – FACILITIES MAINTENANCE SECTION (FAC)
- Applicability: ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES
- OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
- POSITION: Maintenance Foreman, FSN-07/FP-07* OPENING DATE: March 21, 2016
- CLOSING DATE: April 5, 2016
- WORK HOURS: Full-Time; 48 hours/week
- SALARY: OR Ordinarily Resident (OR) – N5,720,065 p.a.
(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-07
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not-Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$41,206 p.a.
EFM/MOH – US$35,364 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-07*
NOTE: ALL NOT ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. A U.S. CITIZEN EFM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE RESIDING IN COUNTRY TO BE CONSIDERED, BUT THE SPONSORING OFFICER UNDER COM AUTHORITY DOES HAVE TO BE OFFICIALLY ASSIGNED TO POST.
The U.S. Consulate in Lagos is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Maintenance Foreman in the Facilities Maintenance Section (FAC).
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
Incumbent supervises the daily activities of all technicians in all maintenance trades, which is a team responsible for all residential maintenance and repairs. The incumbent is also the Contracting Officers Representative for the Short Term Lease (STL) maintenance contractor, which is an external company that provides all maintenance and repairs in STL units.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary school or Technical training school is required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of work experience of which two (2) years of supervisory experience in multi-trade maintenance environment is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Full journeyman knowledge of established practices and procedures of the maintenance trade including masonry, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, air- conditioning, appliances and other building maintenance trades is required.
- Ability to use all tools of the trade is required.
- A valid Nigeria driver’s license is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.