Job Responsibilities :
- Make sure everything in the warehouse is fixed and usable
- Fix any kind of infrastructure/equipment problem in the warehouse autonomously
- Repair any kind of problem immediately and proactively, without or with limited supervision
- Manage contracting work ensuring all the objectives are met in the agreed deadline and budget
- Initiates, implements, and manages the warehouse maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses any problems with warehouse infrastructure
- Determines need for repairs and makes repairs and adjustments necessary to warehouse functioning.
- Performs repair and maintenance work on all systems of machinery and equipment
- Assigns work, instructs and supervises contractors or own staff performing maintenance work.
- Troubleshoots electrical problems.
- Obtains materials, tools and supplies for department as needed.
- Performs clean-up and general housekeeping duties for Jumia Warehouse.
- Uses proper material handling equipment as required for the safe lifting and moving of equipment
- Maintains constant watch for any safety problem or possible unsafe work practice so as to work in the most safe, accident-free manner possible.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Performs other functions and duties as assigned or necessary.