- The Heavy Equipment Maintenance Manager is responsible for the level of repair and maintenance work on motor vehicles, diesel-powered equipment, and construction/maintenance equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring the operational availability of mobile equipment and for the continuing inspection of equipment.
- Assure the automotive and construction/maintenance equipment is operated and maintained according to the manufacturer's prescribed standards in conjunction with the safety requirements of the Safety and Health Act. The work of this class involves devising and formulating regular, preventive maintenance procedures; operational placement procedures; and spare parts supply and procurement/replacement schedules.
- Supervise lower level equipment maintenance supervisors, technicians and other assigned staff.
- Ensure efficient asset management of all heavy duty and specialized equipment.