Responsible for ensuring that all TAQA-owned drilling equipment is maintained in accordance with Company/regulatory policy, procedures and guidelines and that all routines and inspections are planned and co-ordinated in an effective manner with minimum disruption to drilling and/or production operations.
• All equipment and systems on board
• Vessel structure and integrity
• Compliance with Class and Company requirements for repairs
• Maintenance of all associated records
• Maintains a preventative maintenance programme in accordance with Company policy.
• Ensures modifications and/or changes to the unit are recorded/documented in line with Company standards.
• Working closely with Operations Management teams, ensures maintenance activities are planned and scheduled effectively to ensure timely completion.
• Ensures maintenance routines are requested to be updated and modified where necessary.
• Ensures maintenance related failures are investigated in line with Company standards.
• Ensures rig spares are systematically reviewed and critically managed from both a financial and operational perspective.
• Ensures purchase orders for 3rd parties are raised prior to the visit and managed effectively in line with agreed standards and commercial terms.
• Makes offshore visits as necessary to enhance offshore-onshore relationships/communications, carry out inspections, check compliance with maintenance plans/standards, etc.
• Provides specialist technical support as required.
• Develops yearly rig maintenance budgets and related 5 year asset plans. Tracks maintenance budgets and ensures rig management and maintenance teams are aware of budget spend.
• Supervises related maintenance shutdowns, upgrades, etc., ensuring project plans are in place and managed successfully.
• Identifies and documents rig improvements and/or best practices and ensures these are shared across the organisation.
• Ensures maintenance personnel (staff/contract) within area of responsibility are fully trained and competent for their role.
• ONC in a technical/engineering discipline or equivalent experience
• Fully apprenticed with trade qualifications
• Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Project
• Offshore survival training
• Computerised Maintenance Management training, preferably Maximo
• Good understanding/training in permit to work systems
• Training in Electrical hazardous areas
Experience / Knowledge Required
• Significant experience – at a senior level - of drilling operations or of working within a drilling equipment maintenance environment
• Proven track record of co-ordinating/leading offshore maintenance/drilling teams
• Thorough understanding of offshore planning and maintenance principles and methodologies
• High level of commercial awareness with ability to effectively manage budgets/project costs
• Proven relationship-builder – internally and externally
• Excellent inter-personal, communication and organisation skills
• Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
• Drive, energy and enthusiasm – takes on challenges
• Willingness to travel offshore