The Maintenance Technicians are responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner.
- Significant impact on raw material, component and utility costs and production quality, rework and labour costs.
- Key role in operating, cleaning and maintaining plant and equipment which impacts directly on plant availability, asset life cycle cost and asset life/replacement frequency.
- Liase with other Brewing, Packaging, Production Services and Maintenance Technicians, Lab Technicians, Contractors and Shift Managers to ensure continuity of reliable, quality production.
- Support other team members and develop positive relationships with colleagues.
Purpose of Role:
- To maintain (inspect and adjust) and repair line equipment proactively as per maintenance targets in order to continually improve line efficiency, to optimise equipment availability and to minimise losses and risk.
- To produce Guinness products at customer service levels, quality conformance and within budget.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimise overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/team player.
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules. Interface with Maximo as appropriate.
- With support from Production Services Engineer, achieve production plans and key performance targets, and deliver agreed Customer Service levels.