Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Make-up artists visually transform people using make-up, paint, wigs and other accessories to prepare them for photo shoots, filming, live performances and special events. Make-up artists work in many different environments, from spas and resorts to film and theater sets, and typically train both formally within a cosmetology program and independently. Job opportunities vary by industry and with individual work experience.
The duties and responsibilities differ from one job to another, as a makeup artist can work many types of jobs and environments. Here are some duties you might have as a makeup artist.
• Apply makeup, cosmetics, mascara, eyelash, lip liner, eye liner, powder etc.
• Shape eyebrow, lip line, hair, and facial hair.
• Style hair in different looks/hairdressing.
• Sketch different looks for a character.
• Read scripts and arrange sittings with director and producer to identify proper looks for characters.
• Makeup for different events like weddings, dates, funerals, etc.
• Makeup for bride, bridesmaids, and family members.
• Makeup trial for bride.
• Makeup for theater and TV/ film production.
• Special effects makeup using prosthetics, wigs, and other materials.
• Photograph final result for future reference.
• Buy cosmetics from vendors.
• Sell cosmetics to clients.
• Remove makeup from clothes.
• Remove makeup after performance/event.
• Give advice to clients about maintaining hygiene after applying/removing makeup.
NOTE: All applicants should have a minimum of DIPLOMA/OND/HND/BSC in any field of study.
Any other qualifications is an added advantage.