JOB TITLE: MALE CHEF
JOB CODE: DQC/SMC/001
Our client in the marine industry with offices located in the western and southern region of the nation seeks the services of a male chef with at least 3 years experience who has real passion for preparing continental cuisine. Candidate must be a highly motivated individual and must have a 'hands on' approach to all areas of the kitchen.
He must be a quick learner who can effortlessly fit into an existing established environment
- Exceptional understanding of preparing food for cooking and adding appropriate seasoning
- Highly experienced in performing food quality inspections to ensure that all food items conform to hygiene standards
- Well-honed aesthetic skills aimed at arranging and presenting food in a manner pleasing to the eye
- Knowledge of preparing different types of cuisines, relishes and salads
- Highly experienced in performing preventative and general maintenance on kitchen equipment
- Track record of following best hygiene and sanitation practices aimed at providing quality food services
- Absolute flexibility aimed at trying and testing new recipes in order to add new items to existing menus
- Strong background of handling kitchen functions such as supplies and inventory management and cooking staff schedules and records
- Able to maintain accurate inventory and records of food, supplies and utensils
- Committed to maintain a clean kitchen and work area
- Oral communication to clarify orders or tell servers how to serve specialty dishes;
- Problem solving to substitute ingredients when necessary; and
- Job task planning and organizing to make sure food is ready to serve to customers at the right time and in the right sequence.
Number of slots- 2
Location: Lagos and Benin
Application timeline: 31st October 2014
Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume email@example.com. Kindly state the job title and job code with location as subject of the mail e.g. Male Chef-DQC/SMC/001 (Benin).
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.