The Management Accountant shall assist senior management in making critical business decisions by analyzing and presenting key financial data. He will be responsible for overseeing accounting procedures and preparing forecasts, budgets and risk analysis.
- Ascertaining cost of production of every unit, job, product, operation, process, department or service and develop costing systems.
- Indicate to the management any inefficiencies, and the extent of various forms of waste, whether of materials, time, expenses or in the use of machinery, equipment and tools and recommend remedial action.
- Provide information on profitable and unprofitable activities so that steps can be taken to eliminate or reduce those from which little or no profit is obtained.
- Record and report to management actual costs compare with standard costs and possible causes of differences (variances) between them.
- Participate in the product pricing determination.
- Supply suitable cost data for managerial decision-making as regards expansion and contraction of activities, making or buying of components, determining the break-even point, dropping a product line, selecting the optimal sales-mix, shutting down of existing operations.
- Advise management on the tax implication of personal income tax and recommend strategies to minimize tax liabilities while operating within the ambit of tax laws.
- Present financial information and analysis to help senior management make better business decisions.
- Explain the financial aspects of investments, operations and other projects to non-financial managers.
- Direct basic accounting procedures such as preparing balance sheets or income statements.
- Analyse key financial data to evaluate the company’s performance.
- Make forecasts to assist business planning and anticipate trends and changes.
- Prepare budgets and monitor costs and expenditure.
- Set up and oversee financial systems and procedures (bookkeeping, internal control etc.
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or similar field relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CGMA) will be preferred.
- 7-10 years’ experience will be required for this role.
- Proven experience as management accountant or similar role.
- Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles, laws and practices.
- Excellent knowledge or risk analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
- Working knowledge of financial software (e.g. Quickbooks, Sage) and MS Office.
- Analytical mind with aptitude in math.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.