The Management Information System (MIS) Officer will play a key role in implementing the Food For Peace funded Improving Food Access and Nutrition for Vulnerable Displaced and Host Populations Programme in North-Eastern Nigeria. The MIS Officer’s role will be largely limited to the establishment, management and capacity building of local staff on project information system for greater project reporting and overall impact. From January to July 2015, FFP will provide 3000,IDPs and vulnerable host population with unconditional cash transfers and nutrition behaviour change communication training in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
• Establishment of an integrated MIS into the FFP to ensure compliance with donor objectives and methodology.
• Ensure proper and timely implementation, management and capacity building on MIS.
• Document good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities.
• Represent ACF in relevant local forums and technical working groups where necessary.
• Bachelor Degree in IT, MIS or related field. Higher level degree preferred.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive.
• Minimum two years experience working with donor funded programming.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Word).
• Proven ability to create management information systems for large amounts of data within a complex program.
• Knowledge and experience in using database specific software.
• Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills.
• Fluent in English.
• Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
• Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Fluent in Hausa, Kanuri and other native languages.
• Previous experience in M&E, MIS of cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers).
• IT troubleshooting capabilities.
• Previous experience with ACF.