Within Ernst & Young's Assurance service line, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) professionals provide advisory services to a wide range of clients covering a very broad spectrum of services.
We currently have a career opportunity for Managers (to be based in Riyadh, Jeddah, Al Khobar, Doha, Dubai and Abu Dhabi) with deep knowledge of one or more of the following competencies:
· ► Corporate Treasury
· ► Accounting and financial policies and procedures manual
· ► Financial Statement Close Process (FSCP)
· ► Consolidations support
· ► Financial Reporting Design/Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reporting
· ► Transaction accounting support/Purchase Price Allocations
· ► Accounting processes support
· ► Finance function transformation
· ► Be responsible for participating and/or managing FAAS engagements.
· ► Collaborate with the partner, senior manager and client to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables.
· ► Participate and/or manage FAAS engagements.
· ► Ensure that the FAAS engagement team understands the client's needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented.
· ► Ensure work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
· ► Deliver effective execution of the FAAS service delivery framework.
· ► Work with other service lines in providing an integrated service delivery.
· ► Monitor the FAAS engagement team's performance against the budget, and alter if necessary.
· ► Identify and communicate relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client.
· ► Consult with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues.
· ► Participate in sales of new FAAS work.
To qualify, candidates must have:
► a bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
► an undergraduate or master's degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major
► at least 4 years of experience working as an auditor for a public accounting firm and particular business/industry experience to meet special needs
► Strong advisory (selling) mindset
► CPA/CA/ACCA certification
► strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
► deep understanding of the client's industry and marketplace
► strong management skills to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees
► strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills.
► Fluency in Arabic is required
► ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
► flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary