The OE Capital Markets Practice helps clients improve their efficiency, effectiveness and control associated with operating in the traded markets.
Using sophisticated tools and methodologies, the Deloitte Capital Markets team plays an active role in the design and delivery of operating modules for transformation programs, preparation of new processes and / or business requirements for front office, product control, risk management, middle-, back-office and compliance functions for investment banks and capital markets entities.
Benefiting from direct client exposure and working with and learning from some of the top practitioners in our field, you will be given the opportunity to develop quickly, add real value for our clients and build credibility in the industry from an early stage.
As a Manager, in the team you will develop your leadership capabilities by effectively managing teams for the delivery of client work whilst also playing an active role in the career development of more junior team members. You will also work as part of a team of industry specialists providing consulting services to top tier investment banks and you will quickly build upon and/or develop industry knowledge and become an expert in operational processes, business architecture, continuous improvement and large scale transformation.
To be successful in this role of working on complex and challenging projects, you will need to focus on the operations of trading activities across the full trade life cycle as well as understand client needs and translate them into feasible solutions aligned with the banks' overall strategy.
Assignments will be focused across the full spectrum of the capital markets industry and will include:
- Operating model design and delivery
- Process Transformation
- Cost Reduction
- Risk and Regulation
- Business process strategy and redesign
- Product control
- Front to back trading
- Market infrastructure
You will have responsibility for:
- Taking an active role in the design and delivery of operating models for transformation programmes for investment banks and capital market entities
- Understanding client needs and translating them into feasible solutions aligned with the project strategy
- Designing, improving or transforming investment banking and capital markets industry specific core operational processes
- Preparing new processes and/or business requirements for front office, product control, middle office and back office functions of investment banking clients and capital markets entities
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them and a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Knowledge of investment banking and capital market instruments such as OTC derivatives, bonds, futures and money market
Knowledge of front, middle or back office processes in the major capital market participants including investment banking, market infrastructure, custodians, hedge funds etc.
Excellent communication skills
Previous external or internal consulting experience
Good problem solving and analytical skills
Degree qualified or equivalent experience
Full travel mobility