Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more nigerians.
Job Title: Manager Channel AccountingJob description
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring accuracy in the accounting and reporting of the channel partner and shop balances, the revenues from the sale of inventory items and the inventory position and also responsible for establishing controls to ensure the safe guarding of company assets as it relates to inventory and channel partners [CP].
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensuring accuracy and completeness in the month end reporting; review of provisions, accruals and journals with regards to CPs/inventory and efficiency/timeliness in the presentation of reports.
2. Channel partner receivable management;
- Ensuring no increment in debt by proper verification of credit limit assessment for CP
- Adequate communication to stakeholders and CP on overdue/outstanding balances
- Maintenance of CP profile on order management system (i.e. update with approved credit limit, creation of new CP, proper classification of CP etc.)
- Ensuring BGs are called in before expiration and timely transfer of debts to Legal.
- Monitoring credit schemes introduced by stakeholders.
3. Monitoring of inventory position;
- This include establishing controls to safe guard Company assets,
- Communication of guideline and procedures for treatment of stock (e.g. write-off, deactivation of RCV, approval of credit notes etc.)
- Ensuring monthly stock count are conducted at all locations and the subsequent reconciliation of variances
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders on issues relating to inventory
- Management of inventory profile on system – update change in prices, new products, stock adjustments etc.
4. Reconciliation of ERP and the sales order process system
- CP and shop balances
- Accuracy in the posting of Inventory Sales made on Sales Order Process System interfaced to ERP
5. Review of CP incentives/ discounts computed by Commercial and ensuring accuracy in posting.
6. Review of Monthly collation and reconciliation of RCV Serials to inventory position, to be communicated to Revenue Accounting and Revenue Assurance.
Relevant Skill and Experience
- A recognized university degree
- Professional Accounting qualification; ACCA/ACA
- 6-7 years preferably in FMCG, Consumables & Telecomms