To plan, manage and implement the company’s clinical psychology service, including Employee Assistance Programme, ensuring the department provides a full range of clinical services to staff members and their families; from immediate practical support through to diagnostic assessments and short-term therapies. This will contribute to staff health and safety and company needs for safety and productivity. The role is also responsible for ensuring the provision of clinical services is shaped in line with the growth and direction of the organisation.
- Lead the development of the organisation's clinical psychology service in line with the strategic business plan developed in consultation with Vice President – Corporate Psychology. This will involve interaction with other senior management in Flight Ops, Service Delivery and the Medical Clinic among others.
- Ensure the systematic provision of a high quality Clinical Psychology assessment, therapy and education service through familiarity with the latest research in aviation clinical psychology and occupational mental health. The role will also have responsibility for continuously researching and benchmarking international best practice in the areas of clinical and aviation psychology with the aim to use this knowledge to continuously improve the service the clinical team provides to the organisation.
- Carry out clinical work covering highly complex clinical and risk assessments (including neuropsychological assessments) for staff employed in safety sensitive roles in accordance with the General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) and other regulatory bodies. This will include the conduct of psychotherapy evaluations and making decisions about treatment options and carrying out highly specialised psychological treatment for staff in high risk areas e.g. safety sensitive roles.
- Masters in Clinical Psychology with an advanced professional certification in a specific therapeutic approach; Phd desirable.
- Qualifications in clinical supervision; with experience providing professional supervision to a team of Psychologists and allied professionals.
- 10+years working in the field of Clinical Psychology
- Experience working in a large corporate setting and/or aviation is advantageous
- Experience managing a medium sized team of mixed levels and skill base
- Experience conducting clinical assessments for safety sensitive roles
- Ability to manage the collection and analysis of data
- Practical knowledge of the Gulf culture is desirable
- Membership of relevant professional bodies (Chartership or equivalent)
- Able to be licenced by the Dubai Government (Dubai Health Authority) as a clinical psychologist
- Fluency in English essential; additional languages desirable.