Reporting to the Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will directly manage communication activities that promote, enhance, and protect PHWC’s reputation. In particular, he/she will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the corporation.
- Formulate, implement and manage an effective public relations and communications strategy to promote PHWC’s image and reputation.
- Articulate the corporation’s desired image and position, and ensure consistent communication both internally and externally.
- Manage communication channels to facilitate effective stakeholder communication and engagement.
- Maintain effective media in relations in order to promote and advocate fot the goals and activities of the corporation.
- Strengthen partnerships and networks with the corporation’s stakeholders, particularly government agencies, development partners, NGO’s and private sector organisations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Relations or any related disciplines.
- Relevant post–graduate qualification in Public Relations or Mass Communication will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of a ten (10) years’ experience, with at least three (3) years’ experience in a senior management position, preferably in a PR and Communications firm.
- Proven experience in design and execution of marketing, communication and public relations activities.
- Hands-on experience in research writing (policy briefs, news paper articles, fact sheets, industrial relations reports and newsletters).
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical skills.
- Proven leadership negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills.