To develop, implement and manage our environmental policies and positions as they relate to the operations of the Emirates Group. This involves work on all environment linked internal and corporate policies, performance reporting, stakeholder relationships, UAE/global regulatory policy challenges - as well as helping to advance Emirates position and interests on matters such as emission trading schemes, airline industry initiatives and environmental taxation. You will be responsible for ensuring the Emirates Group remains a leader in terms of its environmental performance and development of eco-efficient initiatives.
- Refinement, evolution and implementation of Emirates environmental policy.
- Help Emirates become an environmental leader in our region and internationally on key issues.
- Lead and facilitate departments across the Group to ensure leading edge environmental performance and improvement - including fuel efficiency, emission reductions, utility efficiency and recycling projects.
- Responsibility for our environmental reporting schedule, government/authority requirements and overall transparency/messaging in this area.
- Proactive and reactive management of relevant international and local environmental issues relating to air passenger and cargo transport and advise EK's management on their impact on Emirates' current and future plans.
- Manage a team of specialists and other dept analysts to support all company environment policies and initiatives.
Develop, drive and implement a communication/activation plan for the department?s environmental initiatives, both internally and externally.
- Development of matrix of key environmental affairs stakeholders and management of this matrix and associated relationships.
Source valuable intelligence and analysis of environmental policy and political/regulatory developments.
- To participate and advance the Emirates agenda at relevant industry forums and associations such as IATA, AACO, IACO etc.
- Graduate or Postgraduate (12+3 or equivalent).
- Ideally this degree is in environment/science, engineering, economics or public policy.
- 5-7 years relevant experience in government, industry or in a relevant sector.
- Evidence of specific environmental experience (regulator, aviation/transport company or NGO)
- International experience and expertise, as well as skills in coalition building/working group activation.
- Practical experience, understanding and exposure to the aviation industry and its environmental policies/challenges.
- Strong technical and critical thinking ability.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Influence and negotiation.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.