- Resolution drive for Fiber cuts & Service rerouting in the event of failures
- Operational Planning for Proper redundancy for links
- Traffic planning & provisioning
- Create and Review plan for service provisioning then coordination with each MS Partner/POI partners.
- Physical cross connection coordination.
- Day-to-day Utilization monitoring and trigger to Upgrade/Rectify/Govern the partners to resolve issues.
- Uptime Monitoring & Troubleshooting with partners.
- Traffic cutover implementation on the newly created/Upgraded Transmission network.
- End-to end operational management of the National and Metro fiber in accordance to the set availability.
- Drafting, owning & implementing the Huawei and Tellabs SDH/DWD frequency and channel/traffic cross connection for robust diversity.
- Endure fiber cuts are attended to and restore within the set MTTR.
- Ensure preventive maintenance & Escalation procedures of fiber networks and the active nodes are implemented.
- Periodic audit of all ASON/DWDM and SDH channels and cross connections domains
- Spares management to ensure availability of both critical and non-critical active spares
- Ensure Huawei OSN/DWDM and Tellabs SDH Service Provider Service Level Agreement management are met.
- All Incidence management recommendation and follow up of both national and metro fiber incident including Huawei OSN/DWDM and Tellabs SDH.
- Support the Operational Interface to both internal and external stakeholders especially Commercial, Customer Service Delivery and IT teams
- Ensure all regional Requirements and deliverables of Huawei OSN/DWDM and Tellabs SDH Operations and Maintenance are met.
Drive the end to end process documentation, implementation and compliance to processes, procedures and policies to ensure seamless operations across all SP( Process Management)
- Create and Ensure adherence to Governance Model.
- Define service level agreements for internal processes and partners, monitor achievement of defined objectives to ensure an effective and efficient interface to all touch points
- Ensure compliance to applicable policies, procedures and monitor availability of all relevant documentation, across relevant touch points to ensure synergy across all MS partners and OEM vendors
- Institute service level agreement measurement methodology to ensure all Huawei OSN/DWDM and Tellabs SDH’s are accurately measured, rewarded and penalized accordingly.
- Ensure that all activities of Operations and Maintenance in the central and Region adhere to corresponding regulatory requirements in daily operations.
Partner & Contract Management
- Ensure all processes for effective management of Partners.
- Identify processes that will continually improve efficiency of delivery of Key Performance Indicators.
Build a capable and motivated team at Airtel to create a high performance team environment.
- Recruit the right talent in consultation with function head, as per defined recruitment guidelines
- Develop and motivate team members through structured training and on the job coaching
- Establish performance expectations and regularly review individual performance
- Recommend appropriate rewards and recognition
- Bachelor of Electrical /Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or Telecoms Engineering (Master’s Degree in Engineering a plus)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Strategic negotiation skills
- 5 -7 years of varied experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 4-6 years managerial experience in a GSM/mobile company
- With at least 4 – 5 years hands on experience in various fiber network implementation and Huawei OSN/DWDM and Tellabs SDH.
- Tactical disposition in decision making and managing resources
- Logical decision making abilities
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on service level agreements
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners
- Impeccable integrity and character
- Communication Skills
- Cost, process and automation Innovation