The Finance service line works with clients to address issues of importance to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in creating value and delivering world-class finance capabilities. Working closely with our industry groups and leveraging the Ernst & Young brand as independent, trusted advisors, we provide our high profile clients with the following range of services:
Finance Transformation & Finance Performance Improvement, which includes;
- Diagnosis: Provide an assessment of the current performance of the finance function and identify areas where improvements in efficiency and effectiveness can be achieved
- Vision and Strategy for Finance: Support the finance function in gaining consensus and commitment to a clearly articulated set of value propositions for finances roles and a plan for transformation into a world class function.
- Process and Controls Design: standardising and simplifying processes and controls to make the best use of technology and enable cost effective operation and sustainable regulatory compliance.
Shared Services, which includes;
- Shared services and Outsourcing support: preparing the business case and developing the options for shared services and outsourcing. Supporting the client in; selecting and managing outsourcing providers, or designing and building their own shared service centres.
Planning & Performance Management, which includes;
- Fast Close and Reporting: enabling finance to report internally and externally faster and to higher quality standards.
- Performance Measures and Data Structures: helping finance to define an effective set of performance measures and reports which will focus the business on the delivery of strategy and business plans.
Budgeting, Planning and Forecasting, which includes;
- Budgeting, Planning and Forecasting: helping finance build financial models using data from financial systems and other sources, to support strategic planning; involvement in the preparation of business plans; financial analysis to support business decisions; devising metrics to measure the success of strategies; involvement in budget target setting and reporting performance against targets; providing support for annual budget and forecasts; involvement in variance analysis and follow-up; improvement of planning, forecasting & budgeting processes.
Academic Qualifications Required:
- Primary Degree (2.1) or above, from a leading university
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, CIMA or ACCA
Professional Experience Required:
- Currently working in either: Big 4, global management consultancy firm or Blue Chip organization - with an appropriate financial & performance management background.
Prerequisite Skills / Experience:
The candidate should po ssess a good background and understanding in the following skills / experiences profiles
- Project Management
- Finance Function & Accounting Operations, Financial Management & Management Accounting
- Detailed knowledge around finance function processes (PTP, RTR, OTC)
- Budgeting, Planning, Forecasting & Management Reporting (incl. variance analysis)