• To ensure the overall integrity and accuracy of the General Ledger as a basis for the preparation of financial and management reports.
• Custodian of the General Ledger and Chart of Accounts.
• Preparation of financial reports
• Being the custodian of the General Ledger, Chart of Accounts, and the repository for all financial information for the Bank.
• Monitoring all Balance sheet and Income Statement account movements and ensuring that they reflect the correct balances and all relevant account reconciliations are performed and corrective actions taken timeously.
• Reviewing of monthly general ledger reconciliations to ensure that outstanding items are timeously cleared, resultant entries processed and the amounts reflected in the general ledger appropriately supported.
• Review of suspense accounts to ensure that these are cleared daily
• Perform detailed review and analysis of the country numbers to confirm the integrity and resilience of reported results.
• Posting of journals on the system.
• Preparation of requisite schedules for the annual audit
• Ensure maintenance of and adherence to Group and Stanbic IBTC Bank accounting policies and procedures.
• Playing a leading role in coaching and developing his/her team
• Act as the secretariat for Internal Financial Control forum