• Create direction and focus for effective operation of the regulatory reporting function of Finance.
• Implement effective risk management processes in the department
• Drive the implementation of best practices in capital management.
• Take responsibility for the completion of all aspects of the regulatory returns.
• Understand the requirements for regulatory reporting for the Bank and keep the bank up to date on regulatory changes.
• Coordinate CBN annual routine examinations.
• Attend to all queries coming from the submitted EFASS returns, and other ad-hoc requests from the regulators.
• Develop a financial risk dashboard and compliance framework for the department.
Key performance measures
• Ensure that all external reporting requirements are timeously met, including preparation of periodic regulatory returns in compliance with CBN/NDIC/FRCN guidelines.
• Ensure that all regulatory ratios are complied with.
• Prompt resolution of all regulatory audit issues.
• Implementation of best practices in capital management.
• Implementation of best practices in risk management.