Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development.
To ensure that fixed assets, prepayments, accruals and also the company’s accounts receivable position are properly stated.
- Ensure all fixed assets are properly created and invoiced on Navision
- Monthly depreciation procedures
- Reconciliation of fixed assets register to GL
- Record all disposals of fixed assets in Navision
- Maintain an accurate prepayment schedule
- Ensure monthly amortization of prepayments on Navision
- Ensure that payroll is accrued at the end of each month
- Ensure all monthly accruals e.g. payroll, tax, etc are accurately recorded on Navision
- Monthly reconciliation of Inventory Accounts
- Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel)
- Ability to manage payments on Bank Payment Portals
- Flexibility and Honesty are key
- Great attention to details, self-motivation, time management and a high level of discipline are key
- Excellent Numerical and Analytical skills
Qualification & Experience
- A BSc in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent from a recognised and accredited University
- Professional Qualification like ICAN, ACCA, ACA is an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role.