To create and manage Flight Operations Technical Documentation Library. To build and maintain Electronic Flight Bag based on Skybook System. To train Flight Operations Documentation staff in creation, edition and correct application of the Flight Operations Technical Documentation and Manuals. To identify and implement a Content / Document Management System for all technical manuals handled by the Documentation department.
- Create and then manage Operational Documentation System for paper and digital libraries to streamline the process and ensure maximum efficiency.
- Create and then manage Skybook based EFB system to reduce dependency on paper documents and make creating and implementing revisions a much less labor intensive process.
- Work with Flight Operations and other departments to assist in standardizing format of Technical documents on an ongoing basis. This will make the document and revision creation process much more efficient throughout Etihad Airways.
- Set and train Documentation staff to required standards or arrange for appropriate training provider to meet operational requirements.
- Liaise with Materials department to acquire necessary tools, software, hardware etc, to meet Documentation System requirements.
- Partake in aircraft manufacturer courses and seminars to ensure up to date methods of document creation are being used.
- Plan for future Etihad Airways expansion of fleet and impact on Documentation system to ensure industry current best practice and latest technology is used in the Documentation System.
- Degree in computer related subject or equivalent
- Certificates in Aviation Related subject
Ideal Qualifications and Education:
- All of the above plus Technical Writing qualification
- At least 5 years working in charge of an airline Flight Operations Technical Library
- Broad experience within aviation industry incorporating Engineering Documentation
- Creating operational documentation from scratch (QRH)
- Experience of creating and implementing Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) for use on the Flight Deck of commercial aircraft, containing Performance calculating software and Operational Documentation. Experience of gaining local national authority approval for use of such a system. Experience should also be in writing Standard Operational Procedures (SOP’s) for use of such a system.
- Advanced MS Office
- Adobe Acrobat/Frame Maker
- Aircraft Manufacturer documentation course (paper/digital)
- General aviation background
- Familiarity with document library on Aircraft and how it is used
- Know the difference between MMEL and MEL. Relationship between MEL and DDG
- How FCOM is used by pilots and how important updates are
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- 6 years Experience and management of Flight Operations Documentation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat/Frame Maker and XML editors
- Advanced understanding of Computer Networks
- Comprehensive understanding of SGML/HTML/XML based document systems
- Working with national and international aviation regulations and ensuring all documentation complies with those requirements.