We are seeking a Finance professional with IFRS expertise to join our Group Financial Reporting (GFR) department within the Corporate Group Finance organisation of the Group. The unit is responsible for the general ledgers of the 2 parent companies in the Group (Emirates and dnata), consolidating the financial position and results of 6080+ companies in the Group and financial reporting under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
The job-holder will be expected to plan, manage and provide strategic input and analysis on the impact of IFRS on the financial position and profitability of the Group keeping a long term perspective in mind and will be the main technical expert on all IFRS standards, interpretations and developments.
- Qualified Accountant. ACA qualification (from a reputed institute) preferred.
- 10 years relevant experience in the finance department of an airline or a large corporation.
- Expert knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Ability to plan and organise numerous projects and tasks in parallel and deliver within agreed time scales.
- Strong accounting and technical skills