Manage comprehensive Internal Auditing services, including risk assurance and advisory services, with a view to providing management with an independent appraisal of the effectiveness of risk management and governance in all Operations areas (including Flight Operations, Network Control, Engineering, Airport and Cargo Handling). Proactively advise and assist line managers in the identification and cost effective mitigation of Operational Risks, as well as in achieving optimal protection and efficient utilization of corporate resources. Manage an effective control awareness and training programme with a view to enhancing the skills-sets of employees to assume line responsibilities.
- Develop a 2 to 3 years strategy for providing operational audit services to the business entities, by using the Risk-based Audit Planning methodology and expert industry knowledge.
- Provide assurance as well as advisory services (special assignments) as requested by management, with a view to assisting business managers in enhancing operational efficiency, improving revenue and reducing costs.
- Influence and promote Best Practices among line managers as well as senior managers, to achieve optimal risk protection.
- Coordinate with internal and external assurance functions, namely Safety, Quality, Security, Performance Development, Legal, Government Audit, External Audit for providing EK Group combined assurance on all operations related risks.
- Ensure that audit teams maintain internationally accepted auditing standards of evidence collection, documentation and sample selection, to enable audit findings and risk appraisals to be communicated in an acceptable and constructive manner.
- Identify areas which are amenable for Continuous Monitoring (CONTACT) and get the necessary CONTACT mechanisms (automated/manual) implemented. Ensure that the results from the CONTACT mechanisms are analysed, monitored, reported to the line management regularly, and followed-up. Promote active use of the CONTACT analytics by the line management.
- Implement "control self-assessment" type risk monitoring process in the audit units, using the Risk Register, so that the Client could use the CSA methodology for improved Risk Management on an on-going basis.
- Develop contacts and maintain liaison with external parties (government auditors, external auditors, industry and audit professionals) to keep up-to-date with latest developments in the industry and profession, so as to promote best practices.
- Be accountable for managing direct reports and for providing them development plans, training and appropriate mentoring, as well as coaching and motivation.