- Oversee the functions of the IP and Enterprise Operations team, manage all IPBB, MPLS and Enterprise related network activities and liaise with respective internal and external stakeholders to integrate new NE's, solutions and resolve network challenges.
- Develop and maintain the operational strategy of IP and enterprise networks
- Manages Etisalat IP/ MPLS Backbone Network, Technologies such as MPLS Core, MP-BGP, VPNs, VPLS, L3VPN, ATOM, Metro, MPLS, Fast Rerouting, VRRP, BFD etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on IP backbone/transmission resources to support Etisalat business objectives.
- Review all changes to network configurations for technical accuracy and impact and provide Multi-Protocol Network problem resolutions.
- Responsible for managing IP backbone key performance index and network performance improvement.
- Responsible for end to end IP integrations for new transmission equipment's, Core network equipment's, VAS nodes, media gateway, and GGSN /SGSN gateways nodes and interconnect nodes into IPBB network
- Coordinate the integration of enterprise customers and acceptance of new network elements
- Coordinate corrective IP and enterprise maintenance as required, QOS related and network challenges.
- Provide efficient, timely and effective remedies to IP network issues and requirements, ensuring minimal disruption to business. Responsible for maintaining low MTTR on IPBB and enterprise networks.
- Manage the process of investigating and identifying root causes of major incidences and ensure resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring 3GPP and ITU IP regulations, policies are implemented
- Manage the unit s interface with Enterprise Segment and Wholesale & Carrier for the provisioning and implementation of internet, L3VPN for clients. Also manage the resolution of faults.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Prepare and analyse agreed periodic activity and performance reports - on IP and Enterprise including faults, downtime and maintenance carried out - for the Head, CIVE Operations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, CIVE Operations
- First degree in Electrical / Electronic or Computer Engineering
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years work experience with at least three (3) in a supervisory role
- Certification ; HCNP/HCIE/CCNP/CCIE will be an added advantage
- GSM, EDGE, WCDMA Technologies
- Fault and Incident Management
- ITil and eTom
- Technical knowledge of IP, including routing, switching, Firewalls, IP QoS, MPLS, L2VPN, MPLS L3VPN, IPv6, IP Core Solution
- Delegation/ Supervisory
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus