- Ensure AC power and cooling availability target of 99.8% in Data Centres/MGW sites
- Ensure DC power and cooling availability target of 100% in Data Centres/MGW sites
- Ensure strict control and compliance to Data Centers and MGW sites Access procedures
- Ensure strict compliance of change request execution, oversee all routine and corrective maintenance for power and cooling systems, spare parts management and inventory, space management, equipment records and performance data.
- Ensure all operation/implementation activities in the Data Centres are executed in a professional manner and in compliance with the approved change request and access procedures.
- Monitor and control network element capacity utilization and always ensure that utilization level does not exceed industry standard.
- Prepare reports on capacity constraints to the relevant units for possible equipment upgrade.
- Support the network quality assurance team in regular monitoring, tracking and reporting of discrepancies in network elements and reporting same to the relevant stakeholders.
- Keep an updated list and layout of all nodes installed in the data centre indicating clearly their details/specifications, near and far end connectivity
- Ensure all installed equipment in the data centre is maintained in accordance with the outlined maintenance schedules and procedures and keep comprehensive maintenance history of all equipment.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with switch implementation vendors as well as coordinate maintenance activities between the vendors and internal stakeholders in terms of planning, scheduling and database management.
- Ensure compliance with the organization's quality policy on all core network O & M and identify areas where the quality policy needs improvement for escalation to the quality assurance unit for appropriate action.
- Any other duty that will be assigned to you by your line manager
- First degree in Engineering or a related field
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years work experience with at least three (3) in a supervisory role.
- Electrical and Mechanical Systems Maintenance & Repair
- Network Equipment Installation
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus