The jobholder will be responsible for the overall effective and efficient administration, assessment and settlement of underwriting in accordance with the professional underwriting management procedures and customer excellence standards and support the Branch Manager and the sales team in Business development by providing technical support.
- Independently handle, review and approve large / important accounts within authority limits as granted by the Corporate office.
- Also coordinate with the Centralized Non motor underwriting Department in the corporate office in Dubai.
- Monitor underwriting to identify trends and assess impact compared to financial estimates.
- Manage operational expenditure within the allocated budget.
- Manage interaction with accounts, reinsurers, bancassurance partners, brokers, branches and third parties.
- Monitor the validity of underwriting and ensure customer service standards are maintained according to defined benchmarks.
- Monitor competition and customer feedback on an ongoing basis and use market intelligence to review operational strategies.
- Handle any customer issues/ internal problems that require immediate attention.
- Gather, prepare and present monthly management reports.
- Ensure consistency in implementation of Non motor underwriting processes and guidelines and compliance with the regulatory requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the financial authorization limits for the Non motor team.
- Liase and interface with the Non Motor claims team to update on business.
- Efficient underwriting assessment as per pre - defined benchmarks.
- Audit compliance.
- Enhanced customer perception of UIC and its products.
- Effective delivery within given budget constraints.
- Adherence to processes and quality checks.
- Minimization of fraud / false claims.
- Timely generation of monthly production reports.
- Strong knowledge of insurance sector and regulatory environment.
- Strong understanding of motor / underwriting and legal terminology.
- Adept at leading and motivating medium sized teams.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Strong problem solving and decision making capabilities.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills in English.
Graduate degree preferably in Engineering, Insurance, Risk management, Accountancy, Law, Insurance / Risk Management qualification (such as associate ship or fellowship) from an accredited insurance institute is essential.
5 - 7 years experience in an engineering insurance underwriting function( Non Motor).
Proven ability in underwriting, organizing workload under pressure and in leading medium or small teams.