- Information Technology
- Minimum Qualification
- Required Experience
- 7 - 10 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- To ensure network availability KPIs for Mobile Packet Core network as per agreed SLAs. Vigilance on all network outages, their timely closure through follow-up with all stake holders & management escalations.
- Follow up with MS and other depts. IT, RA, CS & PS Engineering for all ongoing and pending operational issues.
- Review different proposals from design/support channels related to Packet Core domain.
- Proactive and Reactive Monitoring of the Packet Core network and provide support to transported services.
- Respond to emergency cases involving Packet Core nodes
- Handle Mobile data solutions change requests as per Business requirements on Packet Core Nodes and ensure its proper implementation (Corporate APNs, Mobile data packages, Content providers integration).
- Provide necessary analysis on Packet Core network nodes performance i.e. capacity, processor load, signaling capacity, redundancy, throughput, speed etc…
- Network node and connectivity Documentation to be kept up to date
- Define and set in place with the performance team the main KPI to follow the daily Packet Core performances.
- Provide Key inputs as feedback into Packet Core Planning
- Overall coordination of approved field Activities
- Monitoring and Optimization of Packet Core nodes and Services, including BlackBerry, GRX and 3PP Data services.
- Ensure GRPS and data roaming availability and support in resolving data roaming issue within the agreed SLA time.
- Ensure comprehensive investigation and in-dept analysis on all repetitive faults in order to proffer appropriate solution.
- Identify and Liaise with internal customers (e.g. Network Performance, Planning, Customer service, Marketing and regulatory Department etc.) and ensure that all packet core quality related faults are cleared in the predefined times.
- Ensure regular network audit is performed and no inconsistency in data configuration across all network elements.
- Identify root cause of faults and offer effective long term solutions within critical time frames
- Obtain and review Emergency/Monthly/weekly reports
- Collate weekly outages and service report.
- Measure KPIs of packet core networks and report variance.
- Monitor SLAs with packet core solution providers
- Enforce SLA where necessary to ensure Airtel interest is not jeopardize at all times
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Engineering or any related applied science field.
- Have in depth experience with Ericsson Packet Core solutions, including Ericsson EPG, GGSN, SGSN, SASN, SAPC, DNS, and RADIUS.
- IP routing and switching knowledge is an asset.
- BSS knowledge, including BSC, RNC, Node B, BTS and their related data interfaces.
- Unix Systems Administration competence
- Knowledge in Juniper, Smart Edge routers including hands-on experience.
- Minimum of 7 years in Packet Core Operations, Support and project management.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of future generation technologies.
- Good Team spirit.
- Action oriented.
- Attention to details.
- Personally motivated.
- Proactive spirit.
- Getting it right the first time.