Your main responsibility will be to work very with our client's senior tax officers. Leveraging from your corporate tax knowledge, you will be responsible for delivery of R&D tax claims for clients in wide cross section of industry sectors.
- Ensuring technical tax excellence and applying this knowledge to identifying eligible R&D expenditure
- Build and maintain Tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Understanding and interpreting financial databases and ERP systems
- Developing efficient methodologies and practical costing solutions to identifying eligible R&D costs embedded in large and disparate databases and other extensive costing information
- Through comprehensive understanding of the tax legislation, form strong arguments to support your opinion in untested law cases and complicated legislative matters
- Supporting clients in responding to HMRC enquiries into R&D tax claims by replying to issues raised by HM Tax Inspectors
- Supporting Partner / Director in winning new clients by leveraging from innovative solutions through the preparation and delivery of proposals and managing leads
- Producing project budgets and timetables that are efficient and cost effective
- Advanced problem solving skills and ability to apply these to a range of situations.
Ideally ACA, ACCA, CA or CTA qualified
Advanced communication (written and verbal), organisational and project management skills
Strong UK corporate experience encompassing cost accounting and financial accounting
R & D tax - technical knowledge from the US, UK, Canada or Australia (would be an asset)
Excellent excel spreadsheet abilities including pivot tables and data cleansing.